I saw this over at Puntabulous and shamefully decided to make it a post rather than reply in the comments. But I linked it, so that makes it OK.
1. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade on television. Yay or nay?
Probably just a bit while eating a late breakfast or early lunch or a snack or something. All I really know is that I’ll be eating.
2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? You can’t say turkey!
I thought about a few answers but then realized that gravy is by far my favorite Thanksgiving side dish.
3. What is your favorite beverage (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) to go with your Thanksgiving Day meal?
Oddly, ice water.
4. Cranberry Sauce. Delicious tradition, or evil jello wannabe?
5. What is your favorite pie?
At Thanksgiving, it’s a tie between pecan and pumpkin. I often have a sliver of both together. Is there such a thing as a pecan pumpkin pie?
6. Match the following pies with the following toppings. Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry. Reddiwhip, Cool Whip, Ice Cream.
Apple – Ice Cream. Pumpkin – Ice Cream. Blueberry – Ice Cream. Double-scoops all around. The only reason to ever use Reddiwhip or Cool Whip is that there is no ice cream.
7. Complete this sentence: The secret to a delicious post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich is:
Tomatoes. And possibly mayonnaise. And soft bread. The mayonnaise could be replaced by gravy, but I never remember to do that. I’ll make an effort this year.
8. What is your post-Thanksgiving meal ritual? Don’t say pooping, you gross bastard!
Um, the sandwich discussed above. And most likely watching football.
9. What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day themed movie or television episode?
Nothing jumps to mind as a Thanksgiving favorite, but I’ll probably watch It’s A Wonderful Life, which is by far my favorite holiday movie. Well, unless you count Groundhog Day as a holiday movie. 🙂
10. What are you most thankful for this year? You can only pick one!
My family, by a wide margin.